Thursday, July 14, 2011

Found inspiration and direction



I created this blog well over a year ago. After creating it I couldn't think of anything poignant to blog about so I set it a side and forgot about it until today.


For as long as I can remember I've been fond of history, architecture, abandoned and forgotten buildings, folk lore, culture and it's progression of people and places. The town I've lived in the last five years, Lenoir, NC is chuck full of history, beautiful buildings and uniquely talented people. Lenoir is located in the foothills of North Carolina. To our north are the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. To our south and east is the Piedmont plateau and outer banks along the Atlantic Ocean.


The unique talent of the people in the foothills is truly inexplicable. Personal expression through all art forms flow like spring water from the mountain's. I'll write more about this in a future blog..


It seems to me that a majority of the people born, (specifically the current teen to twenty something age group) raised in the foothills, having never lived anywhere else, realize or appreciate the vast amount of talent and history here. Talent that needs to be exposed and history that needs to be preserved and shared. My mission is to share a little of Lenoir's history and people in this blog.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment